Grandparents

Friday, August 05, 2005

She's really growing up!




Yesterday, we picked Hannah up from Day Camp and headed over to visit Meemaw. Instead of the usual pulling out of all the toys, she wanted to play some games. She got out Boggle and proceeded to beat all of us. She really came up with some good words. We also played pick up sticks. Then we headed over to Hunan Treasure, her favorite Chinese place. We ordered her special Hannah tea. ( a teapot full of ginger ale and ice) She also got sesame chicken. She pointed out that she really knew how to behave at dinner. Her napkin was in her lap. She said that getting silly at dinner was for babies. She is growing up. I can see the day coming when she will want to go places with her friends instead of us. I am going to hold onto this time as long as I can. She did real well with the chopsticks. After dinner, we headed back to her house. Mom and Dad were still out so we played Boggle. That child beat me 4 times. I really tried. After playing Hungry Hippo with Grandpa, it was time for a story and bed. She read us a story and got into pj's. We took her up to bed. Two minutes later down she came. I let her "rest" on the couch until Dad came home. Tomorrow (Saturday) all of us will go to Lancaster for a short vacation. We'll get to spend the entire weekend with her (and Mike and Gina, too). It was a great afternoon and night!

2 Comments:

  • At August 05, 2005 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My "niece" is really growing up. Looks like she does better with chopsticks than I do! Can't wait to get her together with Kaitlyn. They seem to have alot of the same personality traits. Must be the "Stanford" in them!!!

     
  • At August 05, 2005 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I talked to Hannah on the phone earlier this week and she sounded soOoOoOoOoOo grown up! I can hardly believe it's been seven years!

    I can't wait until they all get back from PA so that I can take her on her long promised shopping trip for her birthday present. This year, I told her that I would take her out for some shopping and special time together as her birthday present and she gets to pick out whatever she wants (within reason) for her present. Schedules just haven't coincided well yet, but they should soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home